Regulations on the Management of Scientific and Technological Achievements of Postgraduates of the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology
To reinforce the management of scientific and technological achievements of postgraduates of the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology (hereinafter referred to as “the Center”), and safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of the Center and its postgraduates, the following regulations are hereby established taking into account the practice in the Center and following the Patent Law of the People’s Republic of China and its Implementation Rules as well as the Law of the PRC on Technology Contracts and its Implementing Regulations:
1. The Center recognizes and protects its postgraduates’ work and contributions during their study in the Center. The Center’s postgraduates shall enjoy the same rights and interests with the in-house staff of the Center, such as publishing papers, declaration of scientific research findings and achievements, and the right to authorship and economic benefits of award application.
2. All the research findings and achievements from the research projects arranged in the teaching program (such as degree dissertation) and extracurricular scientific and technological activities organized by the Education Division during postgraduates’ study in the Center shall be the Center’s in-house achievements.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, research findings and achievements from the research projects selected by postgraduates but attained through using the resources of the Center (such as its name, instruction, equipment, funds, technical materials, etc.) shall also be the Center’s in-house achievements.
4. Any research findings and achievements attained within one year after graduation related to the scientific and technological tasks undertaken or assigned during the study in the Center shall be the Center’s in-house achievements.
5. The Center shall have the ownership of its in-house achievements, which shall not be transferred or otherwise handled without the approval of the Center.
Before the enrollment, each postgraduate shall sign a Letter of Commitment. Any violation, depending on the extent of the infringement, shall be dealt with by the Center with corresponding punishment or the equivalent punishment for corruption, and compensation for economic losses shall also be made.
Letter of Commitment
I have carefully read the Regulations on Scientific and Technological Achievements of Postgraduates of the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology in its entirety. Upon serious deliberation, I hereby promise to abide by all of its terms.
Postgraduate: _______________ (signature)